Friday, January 16, 2009

Long Weekend!!

We have a three day weekend! Today in English we had a sub, who was about 60, from Georgia, and he talked for about half an hour about some of his experiences from growing up in an extremely racial area. It was interesting to hear from a primary source things you read about, and how much things have changed.

Next week about 10 kids from my AP American Studies block class are going with my English teacher to Washington D.C. for the Inaugural Address. They will be gone for the whole week! I think it would have been cool to go, except its freezing over there.

So I have a basketball game tonight (I'm not playing of course) and we only have eight and a half players! I say a half because our point guard can only go at 50% because of an injury. Our team is falling apart! Me, Veronica (our star guard) and Taryn are out with stress fractures, a torn meniscus, and a torn rotater cuff, respectively. I believe that next year is OUR year to dominate, not this year. Our coach was in the hospital for 4 days I think with pneumonia and really low blood pressure. She is still sick and we don't really know whats wrong. So this is not our year for basketball :)

I am loving school. Even if I am having to walk around it in a boot :) But I keep telling myself that the more I wear the faster I'll get better... anyways, My classes are fun some of the time, and I just love being around people! Seminary is going well too. I'm just loving life right now!! :)

1 comment:

Gina said...

What an excellent, upbeat post!

I believe that you are right. Next year is going to be a great basketball year.

Sure miss you!