Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer with a hint of crazy weather

Today is the first day of summer! Obviously, I wanted to go back to school because I missed it so much, so I went to the school my mom works at and the school my younger brothers go to. I took some pictures of Luke's class, then went to Ms. Allison's class. She was Lexi's teacher, so I took some pictures there too (and we picked up her yearbook!) At noon, when school got out, it started to POUR rain and HAIL too!! Hail, in May! wow. So all the kids were going crazy, because of the rain and because it was the last day of school. At that school, there are no overhangs or awnings, so the area right inside the doors were packed, and the six feet of covered cement outside the building was packed too. The whole family minus mom was waiting while Mike went to pull the car around, watching the rain and hail. Then we ran to the car, protecting cameras and yearbooks. there was literally three inched of water on the asphalt, and all our shoes were squelshy wet. The current temperature is 73. You could say that Arizona is bipolar because two days ago the temperature was over 100.
Have I ever mentioned I hate thunder?

1 comment:

Jacob "Mary" Barazoto said...

Ya last day of school, first day of summer, and... it's raining. =) crazy lol. AND! ben's graduation ceremony was tonight, outside, on the football field! It was pouring. Felt good to run in though haha. *wink wink katie* =) AWESOME blog! Have a good one cuz!