Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

Friday I went to see Dr. Kennedy to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I only had two, both on the top. I was pretty nervous. My appointment was at nine in the morning. So I get called back, and the nurse lady puts numbing QTips on my gums. Then Dr. Kennedy comes in, and I ask him if I need laughing gas, and he say no. Dang it. So then he shoots me up in the gums, and in my pallet (that one hurt the worst); three or four shots on each side. I did NOT cry :) really though I didn't. I thought it was going to be worse, pain-wise. Mom went with me and I was squeezing her hand pretty hard. So we had to wait patiently til the numbing was working, the doctors making small talk with my mom while I was just sitting there. Then he checks to make sure I'm all numb, then starts pushing and digging around with his tools. It was very disturbing hearing cracking sounds coming from my mouth. After the first one was out, mom moved to look over Dr. Kennedy's shoulder to watch him pull it out. Gross. I cannot believe how fast it was all over with.


They sent me home with gauze pads and ice packs. I was bleeding so much in the next five hours, it was a little frightening. Lexi stayed home to help me. And taking pictures of me while I was sleeping.
I was eating french fries yesterday, and today I am pretty much back to normal; I could eat salsa and a bean burrito. Plus alot of other stuff :) My jaw is still stiff though. Thank you's go out to my family for putting up with a very fussy and cranky Katie for the past two days!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. And you weren't cranky at all. (And I'm not just saying that.)

Katie said...

Ok I'll admit it, I was not that cranky. I was just milking it a much as I could :)

T-bone said...

Haha I could say something about the teeth compared to some of the movies that I watch but I'll just say that bloody!!! You should of forced the doctor to give you laughing gas I would have complained...

Gina said...

Stinker!!

And I was sincerely compassionate too. Darn you! :0)

Aubrey said...

Eeeww that's pretty gross haha. When you were talking about how you could hear all the cracking sounds that goosebumps. Glad to hear you're all better now :D