I got into Sky Harbor Airport last night at around 6:40, late by about 15 minutes. I walked out of the gate and saw my dad standing there waiting for me and felt SOO happy to see him! We walked down the familiar, hot brownish hallways of the airport to baggage claim where I saw the rest of my family standing there. Nick looks so much taller, Lexi tanner, mom tanner too, same with Luke. I dont know if i can say the same about Mike but I bet he was tanner too. After hugs all around, we got my stuff and talked the whole time.
My flight over here was...good. We left from home in Zurich at 6:30 in the morning to catch the 6:40 bus. Which means that I alone had to drag my two suitcases plus my carry on up a hill on the sidewalk to the bus stop, pull them onto the bus, pull them off the bus and through the train station, onto the train, off the train, through the train station to the airport, throught the airport to the baggage check in place. Then I dropped them off. But I was so tired from pulling those bags everywhere! My left forearm/arm/shoulder hurts especially, even typing this! But once we dropped them off I felt so much better. We found our gate and waited to board. When we did, I got an aisle seat, which was awesome. Nine hours later we got off the plane in Philadelphia and got our bags and dragged them more to another security check point and customs and stuff like that, then dropped our bags off again (yay) then found our other gate. Then Jenna, the girls and I went and got Chick Fil A, which was so good, then boarded the plane. This time I wasn't sitting next to Jenna and all them, I was sitting about 10 rows behind them, in a window seat, next to an old man so smelled so terrible, it almost made me sick. That flight was terrible because I didn't have my neck pillow and I just wanted to go home! That flight was about 5 hours long. Then we got off and, well you know what happened after that. When I got home, I ate some salsa, hung out with my family for about an hour, then went to sleep, with the help of some Tylenol PM, before 10. I had been awake for more than 24 hours because I had not slept on the plane at all, so I was a tired wreck! It was so nice to sleep in my own bed. I am so glad to be home safely!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Katie,
We are SOOO happy to have you home again!! And I didn't even cry at the airport!
I'm glad you're home!! It sounds like you had a great trip!!
hoooooooooooooooooooray! its great to have you home! cant wait to see you!
So glad to be home too. Thanks for all your help on the first flight. It was so nice to have you so close!
I know when people say to pack light no one believes them but it is sooo true :) Having that much luggage is very American! The way we got to the airport is very European! I am so glad you made it with some help from old men on the bus and train!
Welcome home Katie!
Post a Comment