I found out tonight that I made the Varsity Basketball Team! It was very nerve racking having to walk down the court to where my coach had set up a table with her and three other coaches, waiting for her to tell me what team I made. This week of tryouts has been really hard, (luckily I have no lasting injuries) but I think it was worth it. I am so glad that as people, we sort of forget what pain feels like, or at least I do, so after we go through something hard we can go to sleep that night and go back at it the next day. (this is not always the case though). I am referring to practices with Melvin, of course :) I expect this next season to be hard, alot harder than last year, more stressful, more physically and mentally demanding, and it is going to be a big challenge for me especially, being the only Mormon on my team. I am in a unique situation, and hope to come out a better person on the other side when all this is over.
I have practice tomorrow at seven. ugh. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAY! I am so proud of you for making varsity!
You are such a hard worker and I am sure you and your team will have a great year. The girls will be sad that they won't be at any of your games. They can wear your basketball shirts in your honor :)
Great Job Katie!!!
Sweet Kate,
You are a wonderful example where ever you go and people sincerely like being around you because of your gentle manner.
You get that from my side :0)
Haha messed up on the last comment. . .
Anyways congrats on varsity!
It sucked that you couldn't see me and meagan at the game, but you had tryouts so you have a good excuse though ;P
Post a Comment