Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Well It's Official

I went to the doctor, again, today and its official. I have stress fractures in my right leg. I can't play basketball for eight weeks, which is the entire season, and I have to wear a boot.

Here is my boot! Its metal and Velcro, and I'm getting used to walking with it.

Here are my MRI results. See the white, shiny parts? Thats bad. It shouldn't be like that. Thats where my fracture is, going about halfway through my bone.

Again, all thost white shiny parts shouldn't be there; that shows stress on my muscles and tib-fib.

I'm pretty bummed. But I don't think its hit me yet that I won't be playing in a basketball game during my junior year, our first year as a Varsity team. Sorry, I'm kind of a downer...

Only one more day til Christmas!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Excellent photos Katie!!
Nice job getting a clear shot of the MRI films.

I know you are disappointed about not being able to play. But maybe you will be able to help the other players with your insights during games and for practices. A teaching opportunity, maybe???

Just trying to find the silver lining--you know me!! :0)

Sure love you!

Gina said...

Hey Katie, I'm sorry you're so bummed! I hope your leg gets better!

Aubrey said...

Aw sad! Well I hope you're not too bummed... Haha I'm posting this comment from my new ipod! Hope you're having a great christmas!!

Kami said...

ah! that's so sad! i hope it heals really fast!!

Katie Coon said...

oh no! i'm so sorry. i hope it gets better quickly.