Early the next morning, we went to Colmar, France. We got there after a two
hour drive. The girls were a fussy because they were so tired, but I had my iPod on the whole time, sleeping, so it was fine! When we got there, we walked around for a bit, then went to a museum, or Musee D'Unterlinden. I kept getting flashbacks from museums in Paris and London, it brought back so many memories! After the museum, we got some food from a place where no one spoke English, just French. It was funny.
Then we got onto a trolley to go for a tour through the city. It was called Petit Train Touristique, and I loved it! We got headphones that talked all about the city. It was cool hearing where famous artists lived because I recognized their names! My favorite part was hearing about a part of the city called Little Venice (note the gondola). After the tour, we got ice cream, which was delicious. I got caramel and chocolate. Yum. Then the girls rode the carousel about five time, literally, while Jenna and I ate cotton candy. Pretty sweet gig, huh?
Sundays here seem to go by much faster than church at home. I dont know why that is. But I was so tired at church because every night this week Jarrod, Jenna and I stay up late, past 11, watching the Office. We have seven episodes left of season 4! I love it, but it makes me tired when I have to get up early, obviously. But after church I took a really long nap, like four hours, so it was all good!
Since yesterday was Father's Day, (Love ya Dad!) Jenna made a really good dinner: we had roast, potatoes and artichokes. And cream cheese brownies with ice cream! YUMMY! Then we watched more of The Office. What a perfect day!
3 comments:
What a great trip to France! Mom hasn't read this yet, but already she's jealous. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time there, Katie, and I hope you are. We can't wait for each new blog and each new set of photos that give us a taste of what you're up to. Speaking of taste, that dinner sounds delicious! For Father's Day I got steak and ribs and chicken rice and cheesecake, so I didn't suffer too much either.
I loved the slide show. Photo #14 is my favorite. It reminds me of Paris! Beautiful gardens as well. I wasn't envious of your trip--until NOW!!
Love you lots!
Katie what a wonderful experience you are having! Incredible pictures. I hope you don't mind having an old lady read about your time out of the country. :o)
Post a Comment