Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rheinfall

Today we went to the Rheinfalls, about an hour drive. Rheinfall is the largest, or widest, waterfall in all of Europe. We took Lexi's friend Kati, and the five of us went together. We got there at about 2, and it was hot! But we climbed down lots of stairs, stopping along the way at look out points and taking pictures. It was breathtaking!! The roar of the water was so loud, and you could feel the spray of the water. It reminded me of San Diego, except that it didn't smell fishy and salty. But Jenna and I both loved it so much, we want to go again next week and go on a boat ride that goes right in front of the falls because it looks like fun and the girls were scared to go on it. But we did take a boat ride just across the calm water to the other side and got ice cream. We always get ice cream wherever we go. I never eat this much ice cream, I am not used to all of it! It was so beautiful and I loved the boat ride and just sitting, listening to the roar of the water on the rocks. 

2 comments:

Gina said...

So let me get this straight: you and Jenna decided that you are going back to the falls to take a boat ride that brings you closer the the falls and in so doing, that will terrorize the little girls? Nice! It's heartwarming to know you are so much like me!!

Aubrey said...

I haven't been on in forever, but I love how your whole blog looks! All the colors and stuff look really cool :D

You are so lucky! From all your pics it looks like it's very beautiful where you are. I miss you so much girl!!

<3 Aubrey