Monday, June 2, 2008

EFY!

We finally got back from EFY late last night. It was such a relief to finally be home again!! But I had a wonderfully amazing time! Lexi and I shared a room, and then in our apartment there were two other bedrooms with 2 more girls apiece, so there were six of us total in our pretty sweet apartment. We had a kitchen, living room and two showers, which was perfect. I would say that the most fun part of the week was Friday night at the dance, thanks to one person specifically, who shall not be named. But our whole company, made up of about 40 kids, was together most of the dance. It was so much fun. My other favorite part was Thursday night, because that was Testimony Night, so everyone was crying and it was just a very spiritual experience. The low point of the week was Tuesday, because Lexi and I got lost!! BYU is so big, and we were just wandering around. We were only lost for about ten minutes, but still not a very good experience! Tuesday night was also a dance, which was two and a half hours long. I would have had a good time if it was only one hour long. Wednesday was Game Night with the whole session and Pizza Night with just the ten girls in my "family". That was so much fun!! Thursday was the Variety Show (a talent show), a beautiful musical program (which Mike and Brad were in) and then Testimony Meeting with just our company. Friday was the Service Project, where every pair knitted a hat for kids in need. Then there was the Banquet, pictures, and finally the dance.
My counselor's name was Emily and she was so nice and I love her to death! She is getting married to another counselor and the end of the summer sometime, so this week was the last time she could ever be a counselor for EFY, which made her pretty sad. But I bet she is super excited about getting married! :)
There were three other counselors for my company: Mike, Hayley, and Kenneth. Kenneth was sooo hilarious all the time!! Every time I would look over at him he was doing something that just made me laugh! Mike was really good at giving pep talks :) and Hayley has such a beautiful voice, I loved sitting next to her when she was singing. There will be pictures of all of them and people in my company when the new slideshow goes up. Overall, I had such a wonderful time at EFY and can't wait to go next year!!
p.s. I leave for Switzerland in TWO days!!

2 comments:

Kami said...

ooo!! That sounds like so much fun!! I am so excited for when I go!! Have fun in Switzerland!

Kami said...

check out my blog!! its:

http://kamkraze.blogspot.com/

its private, so i emailed an invitation to you to look at it