Yesterday we drove into Bern, to see the temple. (about 1.5 hours away) It was so beautiful. It was a perfect day, there were hardly any clouds and a light breeze. We met a couple who just recently got married there, and we were chatting with them. When I say we I mean Jenna, who meets interesting people wherever she goes. Then we went to the Mormon Home Store, and they had American Food! Oreos, Mike and Ikes, Life Savers, and the favorite, A&W Rootbeer. We got some of each, so it was pretty exciting. Then we drove some more and ate lunch at McDonalds again. Jenna said that this is the most McDonalds
food she has had in years, and I dont know if it is just because I am here or what... But then we kept driving until we reached the parking garage in a cute lakeside city, Spiez. We walked for about 20 minutes downhill until we reached the lake. It was hot, mid-80's, so we were happy when we found some shade and beautiful photo opportunities. I seriously felt like I was in a postcard, it was so beautiful. It was so unreal to me. We took a boat, a half hour ride, to the other side of the lake. That was my favorite part, because it was so gorgeous. We got off and took a cog wheel train (if you dont know what that is, see slideshow of pics) up to the side of the mountain, where we got onto a Felsonegg and that took us to the top of the mountain. There was a zip line, that everyone went down, and a restaurant where we got some really good seasoned french fries. The view was breath taking, we could see all the mountains for miles and miles, and it was clear enough to see the snow covered peaks. Then we went down the Felsonegg, cog wheel train, boat ride, bus ride up to the parking garage where we got into our car. It was quite the trip, but the journey was the best part.
I couldn't decide which pictures to put in my slideshow and which ones to cut, it is just too hard! So, sorry about the number, but I can't help it!
3 comments:
I wonder if that is what our temple is going to look like?
Well, Kate it looks like you're having oodles of fun. I like that word, OODLES. Sorry about not emailing you yet, it's taking a while for me to summon the will to do things. =) I don't like the new pattern and background of your blog. Change it please. Okay, love you anyway! =) Bye!
PS Don't drink the coffee!!!!
Lexi
Hi Katie! I'm so glad that you have the chance to be there visiting. I bet Jenna is a great host & your seeing everything there is. I am so amazed at how beautiful it is there... Have a Great time!
Post a Comment