Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swiss Transport Museum (Verkehrshaus)

So on Monday, we went up to the Felsenegg, which is like a gondala, or a ski lift that takes us up the mountain in about six minutes. It was really fun, even though the girls were scared to go but they had a good time anyway! When we got to the top, we hiked up another hill and then arrived at the restaurant that looks like a ginger bread house, or so the girls say. The girls played at a playground for a few minutes, then we got a table outside because the weather was beautiful. I ordered chicken nuggets and fries; so did the girls. Jenna got this grape leaf wrap thing, which was pretty good. We also got a Greek salad to split, and it had really good feta. The view from the restaurant was amazing. We found cool walking sticks for the girls, so that was pretty exciting. 
  Yesterday, Mia and I walked Lexi to school, which is about five minutes away. It was nice out, so Mia and I played at the playground that is right outside the house. Then later in the afternoon, Mia went to a playgroup thing at a local farm, and stayed for four hours. While she was gone, Lexi, Jenna and I went to a chocolate store here in Adliswil (the city I am living in right now). That was fun :) All of a sudden, it started POURING!! The thunder was so loud, when I was talking on the phone with my family they could hear it too. I hate thunder, but slept surprisingly well. 
   Today, we went to the Swiss Transport Museum, or Verkehrshaus, in Lucerne. It was full of old trains, cars, and all sorts of planes. I played a racing game where I got in this old race car and raced, like a computer game except I was actually in a car. It was really fun, except I was so bad! I was crashing into walls because the steering was so sensitive and the pedals were weird, but it was so fun! Then it started raining, and we decided to go home. The traffic was bad, but we got McDonald's on the way home, before we picked up Jarrod.  Now the sun is out (I swear Switzerland is bipolar, at least the weather is!). I miss the sun :( but I am enjoying the rain. 

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Well this sounds like fun. I'm watching A Goofy Movie again on TV. Lucky! I wish we had thunder and rain! Say hi to Lexi and Mia for me.
Lexi

Gina said...

It looked beautiful up in the mountains. I wonder how I would have handled the trip??? Glass box, traveling up the side of a gigantic mountain on a tiny cable? Bring it on!!
Miss you and love you lots!

Aubrey said...

You are so lucky! I miss you so much! It's really cold up here in Utah too, and it's sad because all my cousins are running around in shorts and short sleeves while it is 60 degrees and I'm here in long pants and a jacket and they all laugh at me!

It looks so pretty there in Switzerland! Hope you are having a wonderful time! Love ya!!